All our timber meets the requirements for FSC Chain of Custody within the BM TRADA Certification scheme for chain of custody.
Our supplier responded to the growing demand for FSC & PEFC Certified products and is licensed to use the FSC & PEFC logos on all certified timber sold.
Plasterboard ‘waste’ can be reprocessed and recycled into new plasterboard. Our supplier has invested in improving its facilities for the recycling of plasterboard waste.
Our supplier’s Plasterboard Recycling Service offers:
- The opportunity to reduce waste handling and transport costs.
- The collection of all plasterboard, cove, gypsum based ceiling tiles, glass-reinforced gypsum and Artex decorative plaster moulding scrap direct from our factory building.
- All products are checked and returned into the plasterboard manufacturing process, helping to save valuable raw materials. On-site receptacles for plasterboard waste are available in either bags or skips.
Our scrap/waste timber is taken away and converted into shavings that are then re-used in a variety of ways including compost and bedding.
All fluorescent lighting, cable off cuts and other electrical equipment is responsibly disposed of by appropriate companies through our electrical merchant.
We recycle cardboard, polythene, timber, plasterboard and related products, cable and other metals
We recycle up to 80% of all waste.
Around 80% of our finished homes can potentially be recycled at the end of its life.
We have introduced the following into our standard build;
- Energy saving lighting
- Dual flush toilets
- Maximum 6litre capacity cisterns
- ‘A’ rated condensing gas eco boilers
- Double glazing with K glass in accordance with BS 6262 and BS 6206
- Carpet underlay made from recycled material and which is also recyclable.
- ‘A’ rated kitchen appliances
- A wood effect cladding that is made from recycled materials.
- Our shop floor personnel work a forty hour week over four days; this helps reduce congestion in the local area, our fuel bills, deliveries to and from our site and cuts emissions in general by 20%
We also offer the following options;
- Solar panel heating
- Ground and air source heating systems and appliances
- Under floor heating
- A grey water recycling system
- Upgraded sound and thermal insulation
In the near future we hope a lot, if not all, of these options will find their way into our standard build. The industry we are in is in an ideal position to even lead the way with innovative and effective technologies as mentioned above.
We at Prestige believe It is up to all of us to not only respond to legislation, but to introduce efficient and sustainable build systems and products that will have a long lasting positive effect on our environment...
Back to the Top ^